Wednesday, October 31, 2007

ultrasound/meeting surgeon

i had my ultrasound! after a long and painful hour, they let me go. the tech scanned all the neccessary areas and organs but spent a lot of time on my gallbladder. she went and got the radiologist and the doctor came in and did a scan herself. OMG. she spent over a half an hour looking at my gallbladder asking me to describe the pain. on a scale of 1-10 and scanning every inch of it. i am such a worrier...i knew that they had found a huge ass tumor...but she assured me that this was normal and she just wanted to get a good look at it.

after that i went and got some coffee and read for 2 hours until my appt with the surgeon. i went a little early because i had to get some lab work done checking for the ulcer gene and clotting. i had to wait a little bit to see the surgeon, but it was definitely worth it. dr. pratt was so cool. she was welcoming, encouraging, and really nice. she started by asking me all the medical questions, then she examined me, and then she explained the surgery details with me. she explained the results from my gallbladder ultrasound. she is definitely doing the lap gastric bypass surgery. however, my gallbladder is swollen and filled with stones and it definitely has to come out, but it might not work lapriscopically. so that might have to be open. but definitely lap GB. dr. pratt also said that i need to watch my fat intake because it could need to come out before the gastric bypass is scheduled on 12/11/07...it's that bad. she welcomed any questions that i had, she was funny, and really knowledgable about all areas of medecine. i am so glad that i waited for her.the scheduler met with me for a few minutes and gave me an idea of what my last few appts will be.

i am just a little nevous about insurance authorization..that's next! i am so happy!

No comments: